Wednesday 16 August 2017

Thesis Complete - July 2017

Like the Americans, I found my independence on July 4. Last month, I successfully defended my thesis and have come to the end of my Master of Science studies. Here are a few photos of the occasion. I have been enjoying some much needed relaxation, and will spend time on some personal projects before I move on to a full time job starting in early 2018.

At the public presentation preceding the oral examination. 
A little drink to celebrate afterwards. 
This blog will, understandably, be a less active henceforth, but I will periodically post some updates. My thesis will be publicly available in November, but I might be able to share a copy with you directly. I intend to prepare at least one and possibly two journal articles related to my work at Fortress Mountain. Moreover, other researchers and former colleagues will continue to work at this site and in similar ones throughout the Rockies. I will update if there are significant developments on those fronts.

Until then, traveller of the world wide web, enjoy this archive of photos, field work stories, and scientific musings!

-- Craig


No comments:

Post a Comment